All Ceramic Restorations - Zirconia Frameworks
Procera Zirconia, e.max Zirpress, Cercon, Cercon Aesthetic and Calypso (new)
These Zirconia based crowns system combines CAD/CAM technology with a zirconia framework that can be custom coloured, creating a restoration strong enough for long span bridges, outstanding fit, biocompatibility and the aesthetics your patients have come to expect.
Cercon Aesthetic was developed by Dr David Penn in 2007 to enhance the aesthetic result even further. If adequate buccal wall reduction is performed, the zirconia coping is shaped to allow for the veneering ceramic to provide optimal translucence in the gingival third.
Calypso is SCDL's latest addition (in 2009) to the zirconia based all ceramic crowns and has similar mechanical properties to Cercon.
The Zirconia Advantage
- Polycrystalline zirconium oxide stabilized with yttrium actually inhibits fractures. (flexural strength > 1,000mpa).
- Withstands stresses much greater than those occuring in the mouth.
- Ideal for 3 and 4 unit bridges.
- Calypso has a porcelain buccal margin to produce improved aesthetic outcomes in the gingival one third.
- Better ability to mask discoloured abutment teeth, metal cores and metal implant abutments than all other ceramic restorations.
Outstanding Marginal Fit - the sophisticated production process of the pre-sintered blanks ensures precise fit.
- No allergy potential or irritation of tissue.
- Low thermal conductivity provides greater comfort for your patient.
- All Crowns.
- Implant retained Crowns (cement on).
- 3 and 4 Unit Bridges with total lengths up to 49mm.
- Bruxism and Parafunctional Occlusions